- The Harmful Effects of Eating Too Much Vegetables
Vegetables contain various kinds of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and other nutrients. Eating the right amount of vegetables can promote the intestinal peristalsis and bowel movements, provide the body with necessary micronutrients, and play an antioxidant effect, so as to guarantee the normal function of the organs in human body. However, excessive intake of vegetables may also bring hazards on human health.
Firstly, eating too much vegetables may lead to indigestion. If people eat a lot of vegetables which contains high content of crude fiber, it may easily lead to indigestion. These vegetables include celery, bamboo shoots, and so on. As a result, patients who suffer from gastrointestinal diseases should not eat too much vegetables. What's more, crude fiber can also cause stomach bleeding on the cirrhosis patients, which will aggravate the disease.
Secondly, eating too much vegetables may affect the intelligent development and bone growth of the children. This is because the excessive intake of vegetables will hinder the absorption of calcium and zinc in the body, thus affecting the intelligent development and bone growth of the children. This is especially harmful to the pregnant women and the children at the growth and development stage.
Thirdly, eating too much vegetables may lead to calculus. Some vegetables such as spinach, celery, and tomato, contain a large number of oxalic acid, which will combine with the calcium contained in other foods and form into calcium oxalate, thus easily leading to calculus. This is one of the main reasons why those vegetarian women are susceptible to calculus. What's more, as for those who have already suffered from calculus, eating too much vegetables will aggravate the condition of the disease. This is because most vegetables are alkaline in nature. Eating a lot of alkaline foods in daily diets may increase the stones and make these stones difficult to be discharged out of the body.
Fourthly, eating too much vegetables may lead to malnutrition and iron-deficiency anemia in women. In order to lose weight and keep slim, many women tend to eat a lot of vegetables and reduce the intake of meat and fish in their daily diets. This greatly affects the absorption of essential fatty acids and quality protein in the body, which will result in malnutrition. What's more, as the body lacks of necessary iron from the animal meat, this makes women always easily suffer from iron-deficiency anemia.
From what we have discussed above, we can see that it is very important to keep a balanced diet in daily life.
Prev: Eating Too Much Sweet Foods May Cause Four Diseases on Women
Next: Milk Is Not Suitable for Everyone
- 【Back】【Close 】【Print】【Add to favorite 】
- Related information
- The Nutrition and Effects of Nuts
- The Nutrition and Effects of Three Kinds of Daily Food
- The Effects of Different Kinds of Cereals
- Four Health Effects of Tea Leaves
- Do You Know the Health-care Effects of These Daily Foods?
- Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight with Few Side Effects
- The Nutrition and Effects of Yellow Food
- The Nutrition and Effects of Soybean Milk
- The Unique Effects of Lecithin
- The Unique Effects of Pitaya
Health and Chemical more >
- 768-66-1 2,2,6,6-Tetramethylpiperidine
- 1944-12-3 1,3-Benzenediol,5-[1-hydroxy-2-[[2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-1-methylethyl]amino]ethyl]-, hydrobromide(1:1)
- 106-28-5 (E,E)-Farnesol
- 720-94-5 1,3-Butanedione,4,4,4-trifluoro-1-(4-methylphenyl)-
- 75-91-2 tert-Butyl hydroperoxide
- 12054-48-7 Nickel hydroxide(Ni(OH)2)
- 142-31-4 Sulfuric acid,monooctyl ester, sodium salt (1:1)
- 7789-20-0 Water-d2
- 87616-84-0 L-Lysinamide,L-histidyl-D-tryptophyl-L-alanyl-L-tryptophyl-D-phenylalanyl-
- 123-38-6 Propionaldehyde
- 875446-37-0 MK-0859
- 191916-41-3 1-Propanone,1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-(methylamino)-, (2S)-