Dust irritates eyes. Ingestion causes gastric disturbance, tremors, muscular cramps, and nervous collapse that may cause death.
COPPER (II) ARSENITE has weak oxidizing or reducing powers. Redox reactions can however still occur. The majority of compounds in this class are slightly soluble or insoluble in water. If soluble in water, then the solutions are usually neither strongly acidic nor strongly basic. These compounds are not water-reactive.
COPPER (II) ARSENITE is a fine, light-green powder. COPPER (II) ARSENITE is insoluble in water. COPPER (II) ARSENITE is very toxic by ingestion. COPPER (II) ARSENITE is used as an insecticide and fungicide.
Special Hazards of Combustion Products: Poisonous, volatile arsenic oxides may be formed in fires.
As pigment, wood preservative, insecticide, fungicide, rodenticide.
Air & Water Reactions
Insoluble in water.