A yellow or gray powder with an unpleasant odor that is used as a solid lubricant. Contact with the material may cause burns to skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. TITANIUM(IV) SULFIDE may be toxic by ingestion, inhalation or skin absorption.
TITANIUM(IV) SULFIDE reacts with acids to generate hydrogen sulfide, a toxic gas. Reacts slowly with water and is decomposed by steam, generating hydrogen sulfide.
Flammable/combustible material. May ignite on contact with moist air or moisture. May burn rapidly with flare-burning effect. Some react vigorously or explosively on contact with water. Some may decompose explosively when heated or involved in a fire. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. Runoff may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated.
Air & Water Reactions
Contact with water leads to the slow evolution of hydrogen sulfide, a toxic and flammable gas.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Inhalation of decomposition products may cause severe injury or death. Contact with substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.