- The Disadvantages of Eating Too Much Bean Curd
Bean curd and its products contain rich protein, and eight kinds of amino acids which are essential to human body, so it has high nutritional value. What's more, tofu also contains fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. According to the traditional Chinese medicine theory, tofu has the function of promoting the secretion of saliva or body fluids and moistening dryness, as well as clearing heat and detoxicating. Although bean curd is very beneficial, if you eat too much, it may be harmful to the health.
First, cause indigestion:
Bean curd contains very abundant protein. Eating too much of it at one time not only will impede the absorption of iron by human body, but also will easily lead to protein indigestion, which will cause abdominal distention, diarrhea and other discomfort symptoms.
Second, weaken the function of kidney:
Under normal circumstances, after the metabolism in human body, most of the plant protein will finally become nitrogenous waste and be excreted out of the body by the kidney. For the old people, the ability of waste secretion of the kidney has greatly declined. In such a case, if they do not pay attention to their diet, eating too much tofu and taking in excessive vegetable protein, it is bound to increase the content of nitrogenous waste in the body, add the burden on the kidney, which will further weaken the function of kidney. As a result, it is not conducive to human health.
Third, cause the formation of atherosclerosis:
American medical experts point out that bean products contain very rich methionine, which can be changed into Cysteine under the action of certain enzyme. Cysteine may damage the endothelial cells of the arterial wall, which will make the cholesterol and triglyceride easily deposit on the walls of arteries, thus leading to the formation of therosclerosis.
Fourth, result in iodine deficiency:
There is a substance called as saponin in soybean, which not only can prevent atherosclerosis, but also can promote the excretion of iodine in the body. Therefore, long-term excessive intake of bean curd will easily cause iodine deficiency, resulting in iodine deficiency disorders.
From this we can see that, although bean curd is very beneficial, however, it should not be eaten every day, and it is also inappropriate to eat too much of it at one time. Especially for the elderly people and the patients who suffer from kidney disease, iron deficiency anemia, podagra and atherosclerosis, they should pay more attention to controlling the eating amount of tofu every day, otherwise, it may cause serious consequences to their body.
Prev: Some Eating Errors in Daily Diets
Next: What Food Can't Be Eaten with Milk Together?
- 【Back】【Close 】【Print】【Add to favorite 】
- Related information
Health and Chemical more >
- 79082-92-1 b-D-Fructofuranose,2,6-bis(dihydrogen phosphate)
- 919-30-2 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane
- 13951-70-7 16alpha-Hydroxyprednisolone
- 14769-73-4 Imidazo[2,1-b]thiazole,2,3,5,6-tetrahydro-6-phenyl-, (6S)-
- 77538-19-3 Glyceryl behenate
- 124-41-4 Sodium methanolate
- 74103-07-4 Ketorolac tris salt
- 37640-57-6 Melamine cyanurate
- 1344-01-0 Novasil (aluminosilicate)
- 95464-05-4 1,1'-Bis(diphenylphosphino)ferrocene-palladium(II)dichloride dichloromethane complex
- 88150-42-9 3,5-Pyridinedicarboxylicacid, 2-[(2-aminoethoxy)methyl]-4-(2-chlorophenyl)-1,4-dihydro-6-methyl-,3-ethyl 5-methyl ester
- 4075-07-4 Androsta-4,16-dien-3-one