- The combined use with hydrochlorothiazine, indomethacin, and paracetamol can increase the plasma concentration of these drugs.
- Long-term application can cause renal function damage and drug accumulation, so the patients with renal insufficiency should be careful in application with reduced doses.
- This drug is forbidden for patients with cardiac insufficiency, hypertension, edema, peptic ulcer and bleeding as well as for pregnant women and breast-feeding women.
- It is forbidden for those who are allergic to this product and acetyl salicylic acid.
- Used with anticoagulants, it can prolong the time of coagulation
- Digestive system: anorexia, nausea, abdominal pain, abdominal distention, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Nervous system: vertigo, headache, fatigue, insomnia, lethargy, etc.
- Others: rare rash, edema, rhinitis, tinnitus, transient visual impairment, etc.
Diflunisal, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesic, is the most promising alternative to aspirin.It is used clinically for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, sprain, strain and analgesia. Researches have indicated that diflunisal and ibuprofen are effective in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and degenerative arthritis. It has also been observed that diflunisal is superior to ibuprofen in improving the grip strength and relieving joint pain and tenderness of rheumatoid arthritis and degenerative arthritis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. At the same time, diflunisal can decrease and alleviate the rheumatoid factor titre in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and stiffness,The analgesic effect of diflunisal is 7.5 to 13 times as high as aspirin.Its antipyretic effect is 1.4 times as high as aspirin, and its therapeutic effect is about 3 times as strong as aspirin. Therefore, it is suitable for treating rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, muscle sprain, strain, meniscus surgery, orthopedic and oral surgery, and primary pain caused by dysmenorrhea. It is worthy of clinical application.Diflunisal is selected from more than 500 salicylic acid derivatives by American company Merck Sharp & Do hme using the flunisal as the leading compound in 1975. It was launched in 1975. Now it is one of the Merck Co's annual sales of over 100 million US dollars. And it has been listed in more than 70 countries, such as Britain, the United States, Japan, Italy, France and other countries. It has also been recorded by the United States Pharmacopoeia and the British Pharmacopoeia. In China, the tablets and capsules of diflunisal have been approved for production.
This product is well absorbed in oral administration, and the blood concentration 2 ~ 3H after taking will reach the peak.The half-life is proportional to the dosage, about 8 to 12h, and the binding rate of plasma protein is 90%. Oral administration of 125mg should be 3 ～ 4d and 500mg should be 7 to 9d. .The elimination of half-life of 125mg is 7 to 8h, and 500mg is 15h.Its binding rate with plasma protein in normal human body is up to 98% ~ 99%.The content of breast milk in lactating women is 2% ~ 7% of the blood concentration.It is not metabolized into salicylic acid in the body.80% to 95% of the drugs will be discharged from the urine in the form of 2 soluble glucoside complexes within 72-96h.
This product can inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandin with analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects. It is used to relieve the moderate pain in bone and rheumatoid arthritis.It is also used to relieve pain and joint, muscle sprain and cancer pain after meniscus and orthopedic surgery. The drug will take effect 1h after taking and the effect lasts for 8 ~ 12h.It can also be used to treat osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis etc.