Crystallise oxalic acid from distilled water. Dry it in a vacuum over H2SO4. The anhydrous acid can be obtained by drying at 100o overnight. [Beilstein 2 IV 1819.]
Purifying agent in pharmaceutical industry, special in antibiotic medication, such as Oxytetracycline , Chloramphenicol , etc;
* Precipitating agent in Rare-earth mineral processing;
* Bleaching agent in the textile activities, wood pulp bleaching;
* Rust-remover for Metal treatment;
* Grinding agent, such as Marble polishing;
* Waste water treatment, removing calcium from water.
A diprotic reducing agent used as a buffer.